Full Weld Ball Valve
Full Weld Ball Valve
※ Size Range: 2″-24″
※ Class Range: 150LB-600LB
※ Fire Safe Design
※ Anti Static
※ Anti blow-out
※ Full Weld Ball Valve Manufacturer
Full weld ball valves combine the strength of forged components with a lightweight and compact spherical shape, making them one of the most trusted valves in the petroleum sector.
The full weld ball valve manufacturer assures that the valve has a welded body, which prevents any potential leakage via body joints, making it ideal for long-distance pipeline transfer of oil and gas, as well as buried/ underwater service. These valves are often equipped with butt welding (BW) ends, which can be soft or metal seated. On request, a fully welded ball valve manufacturer can avail RF or RTJ flanged end connectors and an extended stem and bonnet will be provided if the valve is used for underground service.
What is a Full weld ball valve?
A full weld valve has a fully welded and forged body, which helps to decrease weight and boost strength while also removing multiple possible leak spots. Furthermore, the completely welded ball valve is beneficial for high pressure and temperature applications, as it will not cause any slippage within the specified pressure and temperature range. They are utilised to join and disconnect the medium flow in a variety of pipeline systems. Fully welded ball valves are the most frequent full weld valve found in a variety of sectors, including offshore petroleum, ashore chemical industries, urban heating, and natural gas, ship building and construction, and power generation.
Working: Full Weld Ball Valve
The main purpose of a completely welded ball is to stop or start a pipe system’s flow. The operation of completely welded ball valves is similar to that of a standard ball valve. The driving mechanism applies a torque to the top end of the valve stem, which is then passed to the ball, causing it to rotate 90 degrees. The ball’s through hole is parallel to or parallel to the centre line of the valve channel.
The ball valve is closed in a clockwise direction and opened in a counterclockwise direction. The handwheel of a worm gear box or electric device is turned off clockwise and on counterclockwise for functioning. When the valve driving device is manually controlled, it has a limit position device, and the handwheel is in place when it is not closed.
Construction: Full Weld Ball Valve
As the name suggests, the construction of a fully welded ball valve is done by welding different body pieces (generally 3 parts are welded together). These body parts are made from forged steel to ensure uniform fine grain structure and toughness. As these valves combine forged bodies with welded construction so they have fewer leak paths and are comparatively lightweight & compact than traditional ball valves.
During service or testing, a cavity-relief valve is inserted in the body to release any over pressurization. By pressurizing the body cavity, the integrity of sealing surfaces may be checked without putting pressure on the pipeline.
All body welding procedures are suitable to the building materials and are qualified and done in accordance with ASME Section IX. The circumferential weld joints of the body are subjected to non-destructive testing (NDTS) in accordance with ASME norms. The body’s compact design facilitates the absorption of bending stresses generated by the pipeline.
At completely open and closed positions, the bidirectional sealing valve (DBB) permits the valve chamber to be vented and discharged. These specialty valves have proven very useful in pipeline systems that need to vent, release, or relieve pressure on a regular basis.
Technical Specification: Full Weld Ball Valve
- Size Range : NPS 2 to NPS 60
- Class Range : 150LB to 2500LB
- Design Standard : API 6D, ISO 17292, ASME B16.34
- Fire Standard : API 6FA / ISO 10497 / API 607
- End Connection : Welded (BW), Flanged (RF & RTJ).
- Operation : Manual Lever / Pneumatic / Electrical
Features & Benefits: Full Weld Ball Valve
- Fully automated welding equipment is used to accomplish smooth and faultless body binding.
- Due to the non-mechanical manner of construction, there is no risk of leaking from the body.
- The seat is composed of carbonized Teflon (C-PTFE), which has high adaptability to pressure and temperature changes. There will be no leakage within the specified pressure and temperature range.
- The floating ball in the completely welded ball valve guarantees that the sealing ring is strongly pressed on the ball, and the valve may be tightened in time when the pressure is unstable due to the elasticity of the inclined surface.
- The single body design eliminates the tension, elongation, and compression on the pipeline caused by large temperature changes, which affect valve performance.
- Variable stem diameters and extension spindles are possible options.
- It is suitable for installation underground.
- It may be connected directly to the pump without the use of any other parts.
- Pneumatic or electrical actuators and gearboxes can be installed.
- The pipe-shaped body makes installation simple.
- It may be utilised in either a completely open or totally closed position.
- Due to lower torque rates, they are easy to operate.
- It may be buried for a long time underground. The adoption of cutting-edge engineering technologies may reduce the amount of space taken up by valve control, significantly reduce building costs and engineering time, and eliminate the risk of a gas explosion.
Application: Full Weld Ball Valve
Because of the completely welded ball valve’s numerous distinctive qualities, it may be employed in a wide range of applications. It is usually in two positions, with precise sealing performance, mud, abrasion, necking passage, quick opening and closing action (1/4 turn opening and shutting), and high pressure. Ball valves are suitable for pipe systems that need cut-off (high pressure differential), minimal noise, cavitation and vaporization, a limited amount of leakage to the atmosphere, modest working torque, and low fluid resistance.
Full weld ball valves are also appropriate for corrosive media and pipe systems with light construction, low pressure cut-off (small pressure difference). Low-temperature (cryogenic) devices and pipeline systems can also benefit from ball valves.
Ball valves with a stringent degreasing treatment are necessary in the metallurgical industry’s oxygen pipeline system.
Full bore welded ball valves are necessary when the main pipes in oil and gas pipelines must be buried underground.
Full bore welded ball valves are necessary when the main pipes in oil and gas pipelines must be buried underground. A ball valve with a specific construction and a V-shaped opening should be used when performance has to be adjusted.
Metal-to-metal sealed ball valves can be utilized in pipeline systems with operating temperatures exceeding 200 degrees in the petroleum, petrochemical, chemical, electric power, and urban building industries.
To summarise, full weld ball valves have a ton of features that an ordinary ball valve lacks like they are light and compact, leak-proof, easy to maintain, also have higher strength, and can be used underground.
If you are reading this article on the fully welded ball valve, we would like to thank you for your time and hope you find the content informative.
Get in touch with us for more information on Full Weld Ball Valves and other product inquiries. You may also leave a comment and tell us what you think about our product.